Get the latest news, bonuses and promotions!
Friendly sites:
typersi.com www.TipstersPlace.com www.bet-portal.net Live Scores Virtualbet24 - Predictions & Betting Tips GoalooUS Livescore GoalooES Livescore Limso
neteller
asianconnect88
youwin
BetPhoenix
expekt
Betway Sports EN Logo
Betting

UFC 279: Chimaev vs. Diaz


UFC 279: Chimaev vs. Diaz

Will Nate Diaz go out in a blaze of glory or will Khamzat Chimaev dominate the UFC legend? Inform your MMA predictions ahead of the Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz fight with insight, analysis, and odds from Pinnacle.

Khamzat Chimaev, the #3 ranked welterweight, will attempt to further strengthen his claims for a title shot when he faces veteran Nate Diaz. Can Chimaev extend his unbeaten record or will Diaz cause an upset? Read on to inform your Chimaev vs. Diaz predictions.

EventUFC 279

DateSeptember 11, 2022

VenueT-Mobile Arena (Nevada, United States)

Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz: Tale of the Tape

Khamzat ‘Borz’ Chimaev

Fighter

Nate Diaz

28

Age

37

189 cm

Height

183 cm

77 kg

Weight

77 kg

5-0

UFC record

15-11

11-0

Overall MMA record

20-13

59%

Striking accuracy

45%

#3

UFC ranking

Not ranked


Chimaev burst on to the UFC stage with two wins in the space of 10 days, beating John Phillips and Rhys McKee. He followed those wins up with a statement 17 second victory over Gerald Meerschaert and has continued to impress at the expense of Li Jingliang and Gilbert Burns. ‘Borz’ is on the verge of earning a shot at the welterweight title and victory over Diaz will likely secure that.

Diaz is a veteran, having made his UFC debut in 2007 after coming through season five of The Ultimate Fighter, but his time with the company is almost over with just one fight left on his contract.

The 37-year-old has never held a belt in the UFC but he’s no stranger to an upset with his 2016 win over Conor McGregor. arguably his standout performance.

Analysing the Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz odds

Chimaev

Diaz

88.82%

11.18%

Chimaev is the 1.078* favourite, with his odds equating to an approximate 88.82% chance of victory. Diaz can be backed at 8.560*, which translates to a 11.18% chance of winning.

Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz: fighting styles analysed

Chechen-born Swede Chimaev is a battering ram and he’s run through every opponent placed in front of him by the UFC so far. He has only gone the distance once in his 11-fight career, earning a decision win over Burns in his last trip to the octagon.

Chimaev is formidable with his hands, claiming six wins by knockout and he has a further four wins by submission, having shown some high-level wrestling skills.

There are questions over his reckless approach, swinging wildly against Burns and taking some damage in the process, while he did appear to tire in that fight after reaching round three for the first time in his career.

Everyone knows what Diaz offers at this stage of his career. The American boasts an impressive submission game, a strong chin and a tonne of heart. He’s not afraid to stand and trade punches and he never seems to run out of energy.

Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz: where is the value?

Chimaev is the heavy favourite for this contest and it’s clear to see why. He’s yet to taste defeat in 11 professional fights and, aside from a few errors against Burns, has brushed aside every opponent.

Few are giving Diaz a realistic chance of halting Chimaev’s run and that’s largely down to his inactivity over the past six years. Diaz has fought just five times in that period and hasn’t stepped into the octagon since June 2021.

However, in what is likely to be his last fight for the UFC, Diaz won’t be going down easily. The Stockton-born brawler has lost three of his last four fights but he’s gone the distance in each of those four, therefore, it’s worth backing this bout to go over 1.5 rounds at 1.699*.

Are you ready to make your UFC 279 prediction? Sign up at Pinnacle and bet with our seriously valuable MMA odds.

*Odds subject to change



pinnacle 
Do you want to be informed about bookmakers' latest promotions?
Click  and subscribe!



https://www.pinnacle.com/en/betting-articles
Pinnacle
BetOnline
EcoPayz
18bet
888sport
Youwager
tipbet
comeon
Neteller
888sport
0percent soccer
Example alt
%ALT_TXT%%
Betting
leonbets